Monday, August 25, 2008

Coffee Flavored Gourmet

As I have already mentioned on my previous post about coffee, I am a coffee addict. I start my day with a mug-full of coffee and usually end my day with a cup (and countless of cups at the office). I have just recently discovered that my love/longing for coffee has reached new heights. I now often find myself craving for coffee flavored foods (does that make me a "certified coffee addict"? *wink*). Anyways, as I was saying, coffee flavored food are my latest food preference and because of that, I often do a bit of work on my kitchen to create a coffee-flavored gourmet. And boy, was I in for a surprise! It wasn't as easy as I have thought it would be. That predicament have made me seek help from a trusted and proven source... The internet.....

Dramatics aside, the internet is truly the number one source of information. You can actually have the information that you need in just a few keystrokes (using your preferred search engine of course, e.g. yahoo, google, altavista, etc.). And coffee flavored foods are no exception. The main ingredient in creating coffee flavoring for your food is of course, coffee. However, in order for your coffee flavoring to become a success, you must also consider two things; the quality of flavor used and the procedure. I'll give you a sneak preview of what I have learned so far:

"Coffee is the main ingredient, as expected. Thus, it would be one of the factors here. The underlying concept here would be the type of bean that is used to make the flavored coffee. It is actually the type of bean that would influence the taste of flavored coffee. In general, coffee beans are comprised of just about 800 different compounds. These different compounds influence the flavor of your coffee as well. Other factors that influence flavor are sugar, mineral salts, aromatic oils, carbohydrates, organic acids, and methylxanthines. Caffeine actually belongs to the class of methylxanthines."

If you want to read the full article, just click here.


No comments: